Quantcast

Gartner report on Postgresql

Jim.Smith

 I have a potential customer that would like to see a Gartner review which
includes PostgreSQL.  Has anyone seen something like this?

Jim Smith

Re: Gartner report on Postgresql

Bruce Momjian
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:36:41PM -0700, [hidden email] wrote:

>  I have a potential customer that would like to see a Gartner review which
> includes PostgreSQL.  Has anyone seen something like this?

No, but you might find this interesting:  ;-)

        Why does the IT industry continue to listen to Gartner?
        http://www.zdnet.com/why-does-the-it-industry-continue-to-listen-to-gartner-7000001394/

--
  Bruce Momjian  <[hidden email]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 09:33:59PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:36:41PM -0700, [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> >  I have a potential customer that would like to see a Gartner review which
> > includes PostgreSQL.  Has anyone seen something like this?
>
> No, but you might find this interesting:  ;-)
>
> Why does the IT industry continue to listen to Gartner?
> http://www.zdnet.com/why-does-the-it-industry-continue-to-listen-to-gartner-7000001394/

Oh, and if you are interested in Forrester, look at this 2009 Ingres
article summary:  ;-)

        http://info.actian.com/g/?UJR6Q22767=clicksrc:ingres-analyst

--
  Bruce Momjian  <[hidden email]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Gartner report on Postgresql

Adrian Klaver-3
On 07/26/2012 06:33 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:36:41PM -0700, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>   I have a potential customer that would like to see a Gartner review which
>> includes PostgreSQL.  Has anyone seen something like this?
>
> No, but you might find this interesting:  ;-)
>
> Why does the IT industry continue to listen to Gartner?
> http://www.zdnet.com/why-does-the-it-industry-continue-to-listen-to-gartner-7000001394/

For the humor?

--
Adrian Klaver

Re: Gartner report on Postgresql

Selena Deckelmann-5
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:36 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I have a potential customer that would like to see a Gartner review which
> includes PostgreSQL.  Has anyone seen something like this?
>
> Jim Smith

451Group recently published a report that I found very interesting:

http://www.slideshare.net/mattaslett/mysql-vs-nosql-and-newsql-survey-results-13073043

Blog post here:
http://blogs.the451group.com/information_management/2012/05/25/survey-results/

--
http://chesnok.com

Re: Gartner report on Postgresql

Josh Berkus

> 451Group recently published a report that I found very interesting:
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/mattaslett/mysql-vs-nosql-and-newsql-survey-results-13073043
>
> Blog post here:
> http://blogs.the451group.com/information_management/2012/05/25/survey-results/

Yeah, The451 just this week gave me some additional stats on migrations
to PostgreSQL; I'll be blogging them very soon.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.