Quantcast

How do I reinstall libeay32.dll

Jon Christian Ottersen

Dear friends,

After having installed Crystal Reports on my machine, I get the following error message trying to open PgAdminIII:

“The ordinal 2821 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll.”

A search on the pgsql-mailing lists indicates that CR has overwritten my libeay32.dll-file.

What is the easiest way to reinstall the right version?

I am using PostgreSQL 8.0 on Windows XP.

Hoping that somebody could help me.

Best regards

Jon Christian

Re: How do I reinstall libeay32.dll

Magnus Hagander
Message
Just get the latest openssl binary download from their site (linked from their site, that is, I think their main site only carries source) and just copy over the file. Make sure you replace *both* openssl DLLs - ilbeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll - they should always be the same version.

//Magnus

Re: How do I reinstall libeay32.dll

Jon Christian Ottersen
Message

Sorry, I am a bit newbie to this. I am not able to find links to these files on the openssl web pages. I have tried searhing the internet, and find a lot of places to dowload them, but mostly without information about the version number and seldom the two files at the same place (the one place I found both it seemed they had different version numbers.

Any suggestions?

Just get the latest openssl binary download from their site (linked from their site, that is, I think their main site only carries source) and just copy over the file. Make sure you replace *both* openssl DLLs - ilbeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll - they should always be the same version.

//Magnus

Re: How do I reinstall libeay32.dll

Magnus Hagander
Message